Sunday, December 27, 2009

I'm sorry, love

You have to face the facts
Make peace with the past
Create solutions for today
Still I’m not sure
No, you are not ready for the future.

It makes you miserable,
makes you shake
Your hands are out of place
You hear your heart
Or should I call it a drum?
Trying to catch your breath?
Don’t bother, it’s gone
You manage to run to the bathroom
Just before you faint and fall down.

Cool water cools you down a little
But then you face the face in the mirror
You’ve never seen it so scared
You’ve never seen it so desperate
You’ve never thought you’d see it again,
the reflection of your own past memories
That timid teenager returns home again,
Naive feelings fill up your head
You feel like fainting, oh, please, not again!

Now, the game is back on,
It’s time to play hide and seek
You want to hide forever
How hard you try,
it just won’t matter
as long as you know inside
that you still seek, still wonder
when or whether it’ll be over.

You’ve never felt this timeless,
this lost
While hiding yourself, seeking another
and avoiding your desire to be sought
You forget that it is you who needs to be found.

I feel sorry for you,
It made you so pitiful,
Love.

Beril
27/12/09

No comments:

Post a Comment