Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nomad


sculpture: Nomad by Jaume Plensa

Nomad

At home, lying in bed.

“I want to go home.”
Evdesin ya, uzanıyorsun.
“I want to go home.”
Peki. Evin nerede?
“I don’t belong anywhere.”
Hiç bir şehre, hiç bir kimseye mi?
“Cities are full of people. I’m empty.”
Ne yaptılar sana böyle?
“They pulled me. They tore me apart.”
Parçalara mı bölündün?
“Many. Many pieces spread all around.”
Tekrar bir araya getirebilir misin?
“If some weren’t lost...”
Hiç bir şey kaybolmaz, sadece yer değiştirir.
“Miss-place. Hmm. That sounds about right.”

Tell me. What would you do with a leftover heart?
Beril
24/10/10

1 comment:

  1. The heart which does not fit into the heavens and the earth and the Throne and the Pedestal has become the place of revelation of the Grandeur and Majesty and the totality of His Ipseity and all the qualities of God. This is also corroborated by the Hadith Qudsi [Divine Saying]: "I cannot fit into My heavens or into My earth but I fit into the heart of My believing servant."

    (ibn al-'Arabi, Shaykh Muhiydeen. The Kernal of the Kernal. Beshara Publications, 1981. 16).

    ReplyDelete