Saturday, May 7, 2011

Camera



Camera

“Look over here!” she heard.

He kissed her smile.
She wondered if the feeling of completeness existed. If it did, wouldn’t that be the moment when our life completed? Wouldn’t that be the time to pass over? She did not know the answer but she had never felt this peaceful. The serenity she experienced seemed to be as close as it gets to completeness or at least as close as she has ever been to be complete.
“I want to freeze this moment.”
“Then freeze it.”
She got up and reached for the camera. She laid back down on his chest. She did not need to smile. And click.
“It’s frozen but doesn’t reflect the moment completely. Do you think this is as good as it gets?”
“No. This is as good as it gets”.
He grabbed the camera. He kissed her smile. And click. “You are right. It doesn’t capture it completely.” He put the camera down and stroked her shoulder.
She hugged him, snuggled deeper into his scent, and took a deep breath of him in.
“I don’t want to let go.”
“...”
“Please don’t go.”
“I don’t have to.”
“Yes you do.”
“If you say so.”
“I’m not saying. It is as good as it gets and it is as it is.”
“Not necessarily.”
“How?”
“Believe.”
“I have been!”
“No you haven’t. You just think it is your right to have.”
“Isn’t it?”
“Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. It doesn’t matter.”
“What do I do? Do I wait?”
“It’s up to you.”
“I’ve tried to go, it doesn’t work. Do I wait this time?”
“...”
“Don’t go.”
“...”
He kissed her smile and disappeared into thin air.
She realized hoping was different than believing. She prayed.

“Smile!” she heard. She smiled. And click.

Beril 07/05/11

No comments:

Post a Comment