Thursday, April 8, 2010

Requited Love

When we first met, I was struggling
But you didn’t help me,
You were cold and inaccessible.
With every resolution I realized
That you were behind it, hiding behind
As you never really liked the attention
That you got by so many, so unnecessary
You thought that it was.

Along the way we opened up to each other.
You accepted me as I did you.
I received anonymous gifts
I knew they were from you
But I still wasn’t ready for you,
So I ran away, every chance I got,
I left you, travelled far and far
You never said a word
You always knew I’d be back
And you welcomed me each time
With your unusual way of showing love.

It was raining yesterday
I wanted to abandon you again
Go away to far away
Other cities were a plane ride away
Calling me, wanting me even
More than you did maybe
I wanted to but I couldn’t
Because I still loved you
Even on a wet and lonely day.

Today once again waking up
In your arms I saw that it was
What a lovely, shiny day!
What a requited love!
Oh, London, London,
It’s now mutual;
It’s you with whom I’m in love.

Beril
08/04/10

No comments:

Post a Comment