Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Free" Time

I lie in his arms
Looking for some piece of mind
The loneliness keeps me awake
I cry for help: oh God!

Both time and gravity,
Whole universe is against me!
No, it doesn’t heal my wounds
I’m stuck, all is lagging!
No, it doesn’t aid me walk
I’m paralyzed, all is daunting!

Left with thousand tasks
That I keep putting off
My mind wanders away
It’s a trial to run off.

The soundtrack of a horror movie
Becomes the tic tacks of the clock
Every instant I’m not following
Gets lost in the dark
Left with no future, no present
I’m always late half past!

I watch sun set and rise
There is no sleep between
Not from nightfall to dawn
Nor the other way around
I keep thinking nonstop
This journey just won’t stop!
I can’t hold it in my hands
As it has no essence
It takes away my energy
Not anymore can I sense.

I run after stolen memories
Blaming “singlohol”[i] or proteins
“It’s not their fault” shouts true-self
You’re sore from within!
Like a pimple ready to burst
I’ve been waiting for that notch
I cry and cry and cry and cry
No single tear in my eyes
Lying in the bed all cursed
I’m offended by the news
I look into “silvered” mirror
See the years? It’s senescence.

Beril
09/2/09

[i] Singlohol: A term found by the poet to explain excess use of alcohol related to single lifestyle. The words “single” and “alcohol” have merged to explain this condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment